END USER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last modified: September 27, 2021
Thank you for using Covie!
This Privacy Statement explains the ways Covie Systems, Inc. collects, uses, and shares information about you in connection with your access to or use of Covie's websites and our products and services (collectively, “Services”), and in connection with any other information we collect when you interact with us, except as outlined in the paragraph below. We hope you will take some time to read this Privacy Statement carefully.
Covie Systems, Inc. ("Covie" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. Covie's services allow third parties to access certain end user data held by insurance companies (the "Services"). This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that end users (“you” or “You”) may provide (the “End User Information”) when you access, or use websites, desktop or mobile applications that utilize the Services; and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect, use and share through the Services. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any Covie websites or apps.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party outside of the Services.
Our websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
The Services are intended solely for residents of the United States. Covie is based in the United States, and if you use the Services, your personal information may be processed in the United States. You should not use the Services from outside of the United States.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the contact information below.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. When you connect an insurance policy (each, a “Policy”) account with a third-party application (the “Application”) or otherwise connect a Policy account through the Services, where applicable, we collect identifiers and login information required by the provider of your Policy account, such as your username and password, or a security token. We may also collect your phone number, email address, security questions and answers, and one-time password to help verify your identity before connecting a Policy account. When providing this information, you give the Application provider and Covie the authority to act on your behalf to access and transmit your End User Information from the relevant insurance company. You may also provide us with identifiers and other information, including your name, email address, and phone number, when you contact us or enter any such information on our websites.
- From your Policy accounts, including the following items:
- Policy information, including the insurance carrier's name, policy number(s), policy type(s), dates of coverage, premiums and coverage amounts, a list of covered persons or property and their relevant descriptors, such as the address of a home, apartment, storage unit, office, or job site, or the VIN, year, make, and model of a vehicles;
- Transaction history for the Policy including payment and claim history for the Policy; and
- Identifiers about the Policy account, including the account owner(s) names, email address, mailing address, telephone numbers, and date(s) of birth.
- That we derive based on the End User Information and other data we collect, such as the total length and continuity of coverage with a given insurance company and the history of coverage spanning multiple insurance companies.
- Automatically when you use the Services.
Information You Provide
When you use the Services, you may provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, internet protocol address and your geographic location.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use the Services, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. The Services does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide through the Services, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Services and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Manage business relationships with Application developers.
- Provide customer support to you or Application developers.
- Comply with Covie's contractual and legal obligations.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Services.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To Application developers so that you may use such Applications, as instructed by the Application developer.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Covie's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Covie about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Covie, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, or our privacy practices generally, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Covie Systems, Inc.
2207 Pasadena Dr #13
Austin, TX 78757, U.S.A.