Last modified: September 27, 2021
Thank you for using Covie!
This Privacy Statement explains the ways Covie Systems, Inc. collects, uses, and shares information about you in connection with your access to or use of Covie’s websites and our products and services (collectively, “Services”), and in connection with any other information we collect when you interact with us, except as outlined in the paragraph below. We hope you will take some time to read this Privacy Statement carefully.
Covie Systems, Inc. ("Covie" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy explains how Covie collects, uses, and shares information about you in connection with your access to or use of Covie’s websites and our products and services (collectively, “Services”). This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that developers (“you” or “You”) may provide when you use the Services; and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect, use and share through the Services. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any Covie websites or apps.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party outside of the Services.
Our websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the contact information below.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including identifiers such as your full name, email address, postal address, phone number; business information including business registration or tax identifiers; and technology information including descriptions of the technologies used by you and URLs or IP addresses of computer systems and networks owned, controlled, or utilized by you.
- Automatically when you use the Services.
- When you test our Services. You may provide us with login information for an insurance account or other financial account to test and evaluate how our technology will appear and operate in your application.
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, internet protocol address and your geographic location.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use the Services, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. The Services does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To operate, improve and develop our Services.
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To verify your identity.
- To provide you with technical and other notices about the Services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Covie's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Covie about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Covie, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- You may delete your personal information in your developer account.
- You may request removal from our database by emailing us at email@example.com.
For Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom (UK)
Covie is based in the United States, and the Services are intended to be used by residents of the United States. If you are not in the United States and use the Services, some of your personal information may be processed by or on behalf of Covie in the United States.
Our lawful basis for processing the information we collect related to individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”) depends on the information concerned and the context in which Covie collected or processed it. Generally, however, we will normally only collect and process information where:
- we need to fulfill our responsibilities and obligations in any contract or agreement with you;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; and
- you have given your consent to do so.
|CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION||CATEGORIES OF PARTIES WITH WHOM PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED|
As a resident of the EEA or UK, and subject to certain limitations and exceptions, you may have the right to: (i) know how we processes your personal data; (ii) request access to or rectification of your personal data; (iii) object to, or request that we restrict, the processing of your personal data; (iv) request that we delete your personal data; (v) request that we provide the personal data you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, for transmission to another controller; (vi) revoke consent at any time where our processing is based on your consent; and (vii) lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority (if you’re in the EEA, please see https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en, and if you’re in the UK, please see www.ico.org.uk for contact details).
As described in “Your Choices” above, developers may access their accounts to access and/or delete their personal information. For all other requests, please contact Covie at the information below.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, or our privacy practices generally, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Covie Systems, Inc.
2207 Pasadena Dr #13
Austin, TX 78757, U.S.A.